Saturday, November 14, 2009

Snow Cok/Sambal Cok




Today I went to mamafami's house. Decided to strolls around as today I have this "lazy" mood attacking me despite of my long list of errands..which has over due long long time ago. Just that I dont have a boss to check on my performance so I entertain my mood by sitting infront of my laptop on saturday..In my blog list I saw mama's new post as well as Yummylicious. 2 ladies were producing the same product almost at the same time..so I guess this must be interesting..So went to Mama's house..true enough its so simple and yet it looks delicious. I decided to give a try since its almost time for me to serve something for lunch/tea. It just like a custom in my house to take brunch during weekend, so no lunch will be served as everybody still full. Its so simple, just chuck everything inside the mixer..so as usual, my mixer does the job for me. I dont knead okk..While frying it I remembered I watched a program on Travel & living channel. I cant recall at all what was the program called but all I can remember there was a restaurant in US serve something like this..They serve it by dusting with of icing sugar on top of it. So I made 2 versions...serve it with sambal just like mamafami & yummylicious did and dusting it with icing sugar on top. So here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

3 cups wheat flour (sieve)
2 teaspoon dry yeast
3 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon caster sugar
3 tablespoon butter/margerine ( used margerine since I need to finish off my margarine stock)
1 egg
1/4 cup water ( amount may vary..adjust accordingly)

Method:

  • Place all the ingredient except water in a mixer.
  • Add water a little at a time until it smooth.
  • Take out from the mixer and leave in the bowl for 30mins.
  • Roll it to1 cm thickness and cut into the shape according to your preference.
  • Fry it till golden brown.
  • May dust it with icing sugar and make it a "Snow Cok" or serve it with Sambal Ikan Bilis.

Note: I add few buah keras in my sambal ikan bilis. The ingredients I believe is the same with other recipe. Will post mine in near future. I used Miri prawn paste. Its really nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment