Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lemon Pancake




  • Saw this pancake at Munafadaaq fotopages...been her silent reader all this while...may not know her personally but in a way I really admire her cooking skills and also Che Mat Gebu..the name that always appear in my entry. Most of the time his blog hardly fail to give me ideas what to serve for my family or guests.. The pancake was awesome as the kids lovessss it so much! Finally I got perfect recipe instead of preparing it from the box, name the brand, all I had tried~ Was not a wrong decision as my 3 beautiful souls enjoyed it very very much!







Ingredients:

  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1 tea spoon baking powder

  • 1 table spoon caster sugar
  • 1 cup fresh milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 table spoon cold melted butter
  • 1 table spoon of lemon (may substitute it with 1 tea spoon of vanilla)

  • 1 tea spoon salt


Method:

  1. Sieve all the dry ingredients & put aside. Beat lightly the egg, then mix with the melted butter, fresh milk & lemon.
  2. Combine both wet & dry ingredients in the blender and blend it till smooth. Let the batter rest for half an hour.
  3. Use small non stick pan so that nice shape can be obtained. Brush it with butter then put in about 2 tablespoon of the batter. Let the hollows pattern appears on the surface, turn it over. Let it for a while till a light golden color appear.
  4. Serve it warm with maple syrup/pancake syrup & butter.










3 comments:

  1. Oooo this looks terribly good. terrible because it's not good on my thighs heeeeeeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious enough for me. Especially if enjoyed with a few scoops of icecream... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wiz...was wondering actually what do you mean by "its not good on my thighs" ...only now can figure it out!! LOL!! me is the ONLY professional maid of the house..so thats only on my pancake!! but loveeee yr creations!!

    Mama...you got the point here! but I will let remain the idea havingit with pancake syrup...if not me will be in trouble

    ReplyDelete