Thursday, June 18, 2009

Currant Oat Scones



I love this scones!!! As it melted in your mouth, here comes the texture & sweetness of the currants..heavenn... This recipe I took from Chef Wan's Sweet Treats Book. I bought this book in Year 2000 in Island Plaza, Penang. I have tried maybe 50% of the total recipes in this book..but like I said the scones' recipe never once at all being selected. Since yesterday was the opening for scones in my life, today I have decided to try this recipe..

Currant Oat Scones

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose fluor
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/4 heavy cream
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 1/2 cup currants

Method

  1. In a food processor blend together flour, oats, baking poweder, sugar and salt. Process briefly. With the motor running add butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrums. Leave in the food processor.
  2. Mix together cream and eggs. Add to the butter mixture in the food processor with the motor running. Process until a dough forms.
  3. On a lightly floured surface, knead currants into the dough, making sure they are evenly distributed. Pat the dough into circles about 2.5cm thick. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 180 degree Celcius for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with fruit preserves.

I bet more to come of scones in near future...:)


No comments:

Post a Comment